Proper Back Lever

Started by anti, May 26, 2010 · 3 Replies · 3,306 Views

anti

Today I was doing some lever progressions with a couple of friends, who kept tell me to arch my back and NOT keep a hollow body.

It kind of bothered me because I've always been under the impression that you were supposed to maintain a proper hollow body position during a back lever so I started looking around at back lever tutorials, Beast Skills and Drills and Skills specifically, and didn't see any direct mention of a hollow body.

Anyway, should I be focusing on a hollow body or should I let my back arch?

Blairbob

If you were piked at the hips, they might tell you to arch. I have seen some pictures of arched back lever, quite often in a pronated grip but I decided I wouldn't hate and post them. Piking at the hips or arching effectively decreases the length of the lever.

Coach Sommer
anti said:
should I be focusing on a hollow body or should I let my back arch?

Hollow.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Neal Winkler

This guys friends are going to be mad.