This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strength or Cardio before stretch series?

Started by Shivayan Bhattacharjee, June 3, 2020 · 3 Replies · 127 Views

Shivayan Bhattacharjee

Hello all,

I am wondering if doing a strength/cardio workout before front/side/thoracic stretch series is a sane option for my scheduling?

I'd like to add in more core work since my manna archetype strength is lagging behind front lever and side lever strength mainly due to the fact that I am using a very poor substitute for the stall bar stretches.  I don't have a stall bar at home and I only have one Oly Barbell for my power rack.

Thought I'd ask before I try and accidentally hurt myself.

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Shivayan Bhattacharjee said:

Hello all,

I am wondering if doing a strength/cardio workout before front/side/thoracic stretch series is a sane option for my scheduling?

I'd like to add in more core work since my manna archetype strength is lagging behind front lever and side lever strength mainly due to the fact that I am using a very poor substitute for the stall bar stretches.  I don't have a stall bar at home and I only have one Oly Barbell for my power rack.

Thought I'd ask before I try and accidentally hurt myself.

 

Thanks

HI Shivayan, well if you do not use the rest as active rest where you can balance the tension of the working set then the following stretch series will be harder BUT if you use the active rest to release some tension then the following stretch series will be easier. more deeply, if you do cardio before front split.....the front split is going to be a nightmare!!!!! especially for your calves and hips flexor.

Shivayan Bhattacharjee
51 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Shivayan, well if you do not use the rest as active rest where you can balance the tension of the working set then the following stretch series will be harder BUT if you use the active rest to release some tension then the following stretch series will be easier. more deeply, if you do cardio before front split.....the front split is going to be a nightmare!!!!! especially for your calves and hips flexor.

When you mean active rest, did you mean the paired mobility work?

If so, I do the mobility work with the equipment I have. So instead of using the stall bar for the hamstring stretch, I place the barbell at a low height, I reach down in a pike and lean backwards to get a stretch. Pretty inferior compared to the prescribed stall bar stretch but its the best I have at the moment.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes i mean that. for the hamstring stretch is fine...it is an option that i have used a lot.