Differences in stall bars

Started by Stefan Knudsen, June 2, 2020 · 4 Replies · 2,305 Views

Stefan Knudsen

Hi!

In HLL it makes a huge difference if the top bar is in line with rest of the bars or in front of rest of the bars. How many % is okey to scale down a step in programming before moving on to next when doing HLLs in a stall bar that gives you more leverage?

Im stuck at a step in HLL at my own stall bar, but when I did the core program at another place where the top bar was in front of the rest bars, I easily got to mastery.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Stefan Knudsen said:

Hi!

In HLL it makes a huge difference if the top bar is in line with rest of the bars or in front of rest of the bars. How many % is okey to scale down a step in programming before moving on to next when doing HLLs in a stall bar that gives you more leverage?

Im stuck at a step in HLL at my own stall bar, but when I did the core program at another place where the top bar was in front of the rest bars, I easily got to mastery.

Yes it makes. if the bar is in front of the other is harder if you are weak on the lats, if the bar is behind or in line with the others is harder if you lack of compression.

Stefan Knudsen

It makes sense. Tho, I feel like my lats is working harder as well when bars are in line.
The step Im stuck at is negative HLLs 5x5x10sec. Which is step C6. Ive got mastery at step C7, C8 anc C9. I can hold an L-sit on floor for about 40 secs.

Is it okey to skip step C6?

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, Stefan Knudsen said:

It makes sense. Tho, I feel like my lats is working harder as well when bars are in line.
The step Im stuck at is negative HLLs 5x5x10sec. Which is step C6. Ive got mastery at step C7, C8 anc C9. I can hold an L-sit on floor for about 40 secs.

Is it okey to skip step C6?

HI Stefan, ideally no. You should master every previous element.

Stefan Knudsen

Forgot to mention. I have mastery at C6 when bars are not in line ;) Il consider skipping C6 If I dont get mastery on "bars in line" soon.