Hi all! Quick q about the seiza stretches in the front splits stretch program - my heels/ankles drift apart a LOT during these stretches and my calves usually end up burning more than anything - I think my form is off - does anyone here have a photo/close-up ref the form for these stretches? My ankle mobility is good but I get a lot of lower-leg DOMs and want to make sure I’m getting really good stretches in. Thank you!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Seiza + ankles
Started by Rebecca Conway, June 1, 2020 · 1 Replies · 76 Views
4 hours ago, Rebecca Conway said:Hi all! Quick q about the seiza stretches in the front splits stretch program - my heels/ankles drift apart a LOT during these stretches and my calves usually end up burning more than anything - I think my form is off - does anyone here have a photo/close-up ref the form for these stretches? My ankle mobility is good but I get a lot of lower-leg DOMs and want to make sure I’m getting really good stretches in. Thank you!
HI REbecca, well heels drifting apart is very common when tight tibialis is involved, typical of runners, jumpers etc my suggestion is don't pass the range of motion where they begin to drift apart. force on your own to hold them together actively!