This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2

Started by Ayodele Alade, May 31, 2020 · 3 Replies · 43 Views

Ayodele Alade

I never knew pushups could be so difficult. It has taken me months to reach step 8 of 9. I feel like I'm going to be on this step for a few more months. Do you have any suggestions other than taking additional rest between sets, adding weight, or "greasing the groove"? 

Thank you

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Ayodele Alade said:

I never knew pushups could be so difficult. It has taken me months to reach step 8 of 9. I feel like I'm going to be on this step for a few more months. Do you have any suggestions other than taking additional rest between sets, adding weight, or "greasing the groove"? 

Thank you

 

Hey Ayodele, form is ok...squeeze your butt.

if you want to share your last performance on pushup, i mean set and reps executed i can give your strategies.

Ayodele Alade
On 6/1/2020 at 6:21 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Ayodele, form is ok...squeeze your butt.

if you want to share your last performance on pushup, i mean set and reps executed i can give your strategies.

Hey Alessandro

I can complete all 15 reps for the first 3 sets
The last set is where I start to struggle. I have to break up the last set into 10 reps, take 15 seconds of rest, and then finish the last. I've been on step 8 for about 4 weeks.

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

OK...begin with stepping back to 4x14rep...once you have completed 4x14 reps try to do 4x14 rest 30'' and one set more to failure.