This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

p-bars width for Russian dips?

Started by Gary Yngve, May 31, 2020 · 1 Replies · 85 Views

Gary Yngve

What is the best p-bars width for Russian dips, for the spirit of mastery / training foundation?
From tip of acromion to tip of acromion, I'm about 17 inches wide.  I have access to p-bars that are 19 inches wide and 26 inches wide.  The narrower ones feel harder and more awkward, and I wonder if the wider ones are letting me to borrow more from other muscles, and less transferrable to things like MU transition.  Here is a video of me play-testing the equipment (formally, I'm still on Korean dips, but I want to have the logistics planned for where to go for my later workouts).  

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

What is the best p-bars width for Russian dips, for the spirit of mastery / training foundation?
From tip of acromion to tip of acromion, I'm about 17 inches wide.  I have access to p-bars that are 19 inches wide and 26 inches wide.  The narrower ones feel harder and more awkward, and I wonder if the wider ones are letting me to borrow more from other muscles, and less transferrable to things like MU transition.  Here is a video of me play-testing the equipment (formally, I'm still on Korean dips, but I want to have the logistics planned for where to go for my later workouts).  

 

Hi Gary ideally in between 47 and 50 cm.