Almost everything they do in this video is absolutley mind blowing to me. If anyone has any idea who either of the boys are, or who the girl is who does the 1 arm press later on in the video I'd love to know.
V_m34ka7UVg
Started by Marlon, May 26, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,959 Views
Almost everything they do in this video is absolutley mind blowing to me. If anyone has any idea who either of the boys are, or who the girl is who does the 1 arm press later on in the video I'd love to know.
V_m34ka7UVg
ridiculous
wow :shock:
That is indeed madness. The chinese circus artists are known to be the best at breaking all possible and impossible borders. The chinese seldom has much focus on the individual artists in their performances, and the crazy thing is that the level you see in this video is "normal". Of course these are among the elite, but the technical level of the chinese handbalancers are beyond what all others are doing. They are trained from they are very very small and are pushed insanely hard. By the time they are 10 they can already practically live on their arms. A circus friend of me was an artist in the Dralion show by Cirque du Soleil last year where 2 chinese girls did a handbalancing act. He told me they would warm up with 2x20 minutes of handstand before starting their training. 40 minutes free standing handstand, as a warm up! He also said they would do about 100 one arm change jumps and leisurely do several 1 arm presses on a handstand cane as part of the routine. The sad thing he said, was that they didnt seem to understand how good they actually were.
Maybe you have already seen it, but here is a documentary about teh Shanghai circus school. Here you can really see how they literally produce these artists.
wowza! under appreciated for sure..
:shock: Crazy level of hand balancing.
Perhaps I'm just being naive, but the smiles in the video looked pretty genuine, and the performers appeared more Indian than Chinese. Perhaps this group train hard, but aren't shouted at and told that they're fat and disgrace? I'm sure it's possible to have one without the other and still develop killer hand balancing skills. Am I being to idealistic?
That's nuts. Actually nuts. I'm getting desensitized to this type of madness. I scoffed when the girl jumped down the stairs on one hand and said I wasn't impressed unless she could jump back up. Which she did...good grief.