This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A3: Pseudo Planche Push-up form check

Started by James Kesten, May 29, 2020 · 5 Replies · 67 Views

James Kesten

Hi there! with the lockdown I've gotten way back into my GB training, probably took a year off but am making progress again. Just crossed into A3 with the Pseudo Planche Push-up and as I've never done a movement like this before I wanted to have a form check to see if I'm working correctly. I'm unsure if I'm getting enough protraction at and if my ankles should be more pointed? I think I get a little bit of backwards movement. Anyway CC welcome thanks!

Please ignore the unicorn in the background :P

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI James, a shoulder height video is more suitable for this exercise. BTW meanwhile you can work on resting on the shoulders, only on the shoulders, and not using the instep to avoid the tendency to fall forward.

James Kesten

Thanks for the reply. I'll grab another video during the next workout. I'm a bit unclear what you mean by "resting on the shoulders" and "using the instep"? Can you explain a bit?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, look to this video, he is one of my student

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_GNBE81h8

stop at 1:43, look ONLY at the eccentric part, his feet are always relaxed. and the concentric part should be at the same technical level. 

look to the picture below:  you are using the instep to make friction on the floor WHEN the shoulder does not work enough. feet never work. shoulders do the exercise!

piexe.png

James Kesten

Oh I totally get it now. Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on this its a totally new movement / pose for me.

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, James Kesten said:

Oh I totally get it now. Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on this its a totally new movement / pose for me.

perfect...update me and feel free tp tag me sir.