This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Working through Fundamentals

Started by Mr Gavin D Fowler, May 26, 2020 · 2 Replies · 89 Views

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Hi,

Having starting the foundation 1 package, I have injured my lower back. Lots of pain and stiffness around the sacrum. This is a sporadically recurring problem and I am currently following the guidance of a physio to recover. When I have rehabbed and get the all clear to resume regular training, I intend to start the fundamentals course with restore and bands again, but wondered the best way to approach it. First time around I worked through week by week until I completed it as laid out in the schedule. I literally followed the classes as they came up and moved through it . Clearly there were weaknesses that I didn’t Address. What would be the best way to approach it this time around?


Should I repeat weeks until I feel I’ve really got the most out of each movement before moving ahead?

Should I add extra sessions to address tighter or weaker areas?

I know previous posts say that fundamentals are there to highlight tighter or weaker areas, but should I be using this package to address and improve those areas before moving on the foundation 1? 
 

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I’d really like to commit to making sure that I am able to progress when ready.

best,

Gavin

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Mr Gavin D Fowler said:

Hi,

Having starting the foundation 1 package, I have injured my lower back. Lots of pain and stiffness around the sacrum. This is a sporadically recurring problem and I am currently following the guidance of a physio to recover. When I have rehabbed and get the all clear to resume regular training, I intend to start the fundamentals course with restore and bands again, but wondered the best way to approach it. First time around I worked through week by week until I completed it as laid out in the schedule. I literally followed the classes as they came up and moved through it . Clearly there were weaknesses that I didn’t Address. What would be the best way to approach it this time around?


Should I repeat weeks until I feel I’ve really got the most out of each movement before moving ahead?

Should I add extra sessions to address tighter or weaker areas?

I know previous posts say that fundamentals are there to highlight tighter or weaker areas, but should I be using this package to address and improve those areas before moving on the foundation 1? 
 

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I’d really like to commit to making sure that I am able to progress when ready.

best,

Gavin

Hi Gavin, i think that the most reasonable approach is talking directly with the person who followed you in the rehab process and let him know WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO, in terms of movements because he/she knows what you can do and what you can avoid, how much volume you should do and what should be done once a week etc. returning to work is critical, always after a serious injury. th therapist should merge his knowledge with your intentions.

Mr Gavin D Fowler
36 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Gavin, i think that the most reasonable approach is talking directly with the person who followed you in the rehab process and let him know WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO, in terms of movements because he/she knows what you can do and what you can avoid, how much volume you should do and what should be done once a week etc. returning to work is critical, always after a serious injury. th therapist should merge his knowledge with your intentions.

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your advice. I’ll do that.

best,

Gavin