This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

straddle ups and jefferson curls

Started by Gary Yngve, May 24, 2020 · 3 Replies · 66 Views

Gary Yngve

I have a lot of mobility work to do.  I actually thought I was locking my legs, but it looks like the dynamic movement of going into a wide (for me) straddle causes my legs to bend.  I'm not sure how to evaluate my Jefferson curls.  Any specific feedback/guidance?  I am doing the middle split series, but only 2 or 3 weeks into it.  Thanks!
 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

I have a lot of mobility work to do.  I actually thought I was locking my legs, but it looks like the dynamic movement of going into a wide (for me) straddle causes my legs to bend.  I'm not sure how to evaluate my Jefferson curls.  Any specific feedback/guidance?  I am doing the middle split series, but only 2 or 3 weeks into it.  Thanks!
 

 

 

HI Gary, we need to begin with one correction at a time.

-stay with 3 reps until you can hold the knees straight;

-on the JC you need to hold the body as soon as possible.

Gary Yngve

Thanks.  For the JC, would you recommend standing with my back an inch from a wall, at least at first, to remind myself when my butt drifts backward?  

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:

Thanks.  For the JC, would you recommend standing with my back an inch from a wall, at least at first, to remind myself when my butt drifts backward?  

Well is not a matter of the hips leaning back....but the weight in your hands that is held farm from the body,