This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS2 SE14 form check

Started by Hiroyuki Tanaka, May 22, 2020 · 3 Replies · 53 Views

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Hi, I'm actually at step PE9 right now, but I've tried this last step, and it somehow eventually worked. Wow. Am I doing it right? Or am I making some bad habit?

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, Hiroyuki Tanaka said:

Hi, I'm actually at step PE9 right now, but I've tried this last step, and it somehow eventually worked. Wow. Am I doing it right? Or am I making some bad habit?

Well , you should move back the shoulders over the wrists as soon as possible.

Hiroyuki Tanaka
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well , you should move back the shoulders over the wrists as soon as possible.

Thank you. I saw the pike press exercise video, and the gymnast performing pike press seems to keep his shoulders forward until he pikes up his legs. There's no side view video, so I can't be sure but for me he seems so.

Could you show me the good side view video if possible? On the youtube there's a lot of people doing press up handstand, but I do not know which one is doing the right and beautiful one.

Alessandro Mainente

If you look carefully to the video below you notice that:

-compression first;

-the first part of the press;

- the press moves to the free handstand PANCAKE, where the legs are in the same position with the upper body in respect to the starting position;

-the legs move up to the handstand;

-the pie press should follow the same idea with the difference that a free handstand pike is showed.

ideal press