This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduled routine: Any previous experiences?

Started by Sebastian Garza T, May 18, 2020 · 3 Replies · 142 Views

Sebastian Garza T

Hi! I scheduled the level 1 routine but I want to make some tweaks given that I enjoy conditioning work as well (boxing, spinning, mountain biking, hiking).  With some time constraints, I was wondering if there is any experience in terms of progress with doing some Foundation work only once a week. 
 

The tweak to the recommended routine is the following:

 

Monday: 7min Warm up/Weighted mobility/ Upper

Tuesday: Conditioning 

Wednesday: 7min WU/ Knee series/Core/Lower

Thursday: Handstands/Front splits

Friday: 7min Warm up/Weighted mobility/ Upper

Saturday: Conditioning

Sunday: Handstands/ Middle Splits

 

Any thoughts or previous experience? When I have worked on foundations before I am usually weaker on upper body (specially Rope  progressions), than core, but don’t want to sacrifice good progress for not scheduling it twice a week. I know the best thing to do is try it out and see how it feels, but I am looking for any feedback on people that have scheduled similarly.

Best! 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Sebastian Garza T said:

Hi! I scheduled the level 1 routine but I want to make some tweaks given that I enjoy conditioning work as well (boxing, spinning, mountain biking, hiking).  With some time constraints, I was wondering if there is any experience in terms of progress with doing some Foundation work only once a week. 
 

The tweak to the recommended routine is the following:

 

Monday: 7min Warm up/Weighted mobility/ Upper

Tuesday: Conditioning 

Wednesday: 7min WU/ Knee series/Core/Lower

Thursday: Handstands/Front splits

Friday: 7min Warm up/Weighted mobility/ Upper

Saturday: Conditioning

Sunday: Handstands/ Middle Splits

 

Any thoughts or previous experience? When I have worked on foundations before I am usually weaker on upper body (specially Rope  progressions), than core, but don’t want to sacrifice good progress for not scheduling it twice a week. I know the best thing to do is try it out and see how it feels, but I am looking for any feedback on people that have scheduled similarly.

Best! 

HI Sebastian...well i have learned the reverse muscleup by training it once a week....so why not? the option of increasing frequency over the "often" option can be considered a possibility in the case of a plateau.

Sebastian Garza T
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Sebastian...well i have learned the reverse muscleup by training it once a week....so why not? the option of increasing frequency over the "often" option can be considered a possibility in the case of a plateau.

Thanks. Being that the core is being the area  “sacrificed”, I was not sure if those muscles should be stimulated more often. 

Alessandro Mainente

If not necessary do not do it, there is always time to do more....but it is always too late when you have to stop because you've done too much.