Curious to get some feedback on form / what to focus on. The bars don't have as wide of a grip as I'd like for the german hang pulls, but otherwise, the setup works fine.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Gary Yngve, May 15, 2020 · 4 Replies · 110 Views
Curious to get some feedback on form / what to focus on. The bars don't have as wide of a grip as I'd like for the german hang pulls, but otherwise, the setup works fine.
- Use an under-hand grip for your german hang work.
- LOTS of work to be done on the lat flys. The hang is too low; pull upward until you have a 90degree bend in the elbows as well as a 90degree angle between the upper arm and the torso. Also the entire body moves back and forth, not only the head. It may help to think about pressing out forward to full retraction and then pulling backward to full protraction.
Thanks. Going up to 90 degrees definitely increased the intensity of the lat flys. I couldn't do it on the post earlier because of head clearance, but the kids bar works for them (but not GHs because of the slide). For the lat flys, should my body be more hollow when protracted?
For the German Hang, are GHs on rings an acceptable alternative? (I have rings in my house, but not a high bar, and the Parks removed all the high bars due to COVID.) Is there any additional training value from GH on bar over GH on rings?
This is under-hand for GH and better at getting 90 degrees for the lat flys (I think I went a little beyond 90 degrees?)
12 hours ago, Gary Yngve said:Thanks. Going up to 90 degrees definitely increased the intensity of the lat flys. I couldn't do it on the post earlier because of head clearance, but the kids bar works for them (but not GHs because of the slide). For the lat flys, should my body be more hollow when protracted?
For the German Hang, are GHs on rings an acceptable alternative? (I have rings in my house, but not a high bar, and the Parks removed all the high bars due to COVID.) Is there any additional training value from GH on bar over GH on rings?
This is under-hand for GH and better at getting 90 degrees for the lat flys (I think I went a little beyond 90 degrees?)
Hey gary, for the lats flyes yes you need to reach a more hollowed position, and n the GH you must try to avoid bending the elbows as you move backward. using the rings is an option but in this case, the straps will adapt to your shoulder mobility which, if you lack of it, tends to progress less compared to the bar.
Thanks! I think I will need to order a free-standing pull-up bar (if wide enough and high enough) or a high bar (and figure out where to put it).
FYI, it looks like in the Shoulder Single Bar Series video, the grip is backward on the GH demonstration (6:52 - 7:15).