This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE 2 iM

Started by Johannes Walser, May 15, 2020 · 6 Replies · 83 Views

Johannes Walser

Hey coaches!

I am working since ages on HS P2 im: 

Here is my problem... everytime i progress (or better i start pushing myself to narrow the grip), i develop ellbow pain, which takes like 1 till 2 weeks to resolve, whilst i cant do any more stretching. Also it seems my ellbows can just take one session of this per week, so i cant really work on this...

Any tips or ideas? can i train this stretch without straining my ellbows that much?

 

Regards

Johannes 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Johannes Walser said:

Hey coaches!

I am working since ages on HS P2 im: 

Here is my problem... everytime i progress (or better i start pushing myself to narrow the grip), i develop ellbow pain, which takes like 1 till 2 weeks to resolve, whilst i cant do any more stretching. Also it seems my ellbows can just take one session of this per week, so i cant really work on this...

Any tips or ideas? can i train this stretch without straining my ellbows that much?

 

Regards

Johannes 

HI Johannes, pain developing can be due to execution especially if you are using a narrow grip and you try to put too much emphasis on the grip in order to avoid the tendency of the arm to open to the side. and the only one joint where the body can compensate is the elbow.

Johannes Walser

ok, thanks alessandro, which means i should widen the grip?? but then i can never progress );

 

i will post a formcheck these days on this...

Johannes Walser

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! 

Like I said, I got extrem problems with those. Always when I reduce the grip, there is to much tension on my elbows. 

Is there anything I can do to improve that? 

Also please note, that a got a slight skoliosis, so I don't know if I can perfectly symetrical

Alessandro Mainente
48 minutes ago, Johannes Walser said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! 

Like I said, I got extrem problems with those. Always when I reduce the grip, there is to much tension on my elbows. 

Is there anything I can do to improve that? 

Also please note, that a got a slight skoliosis, so I don't know if I can perfectly symetrical

Is you scoliosis structural or acquired? i mean that is a bone problems or muscle problem?

Tension in the elbows is pretty normal in this exercise.

Johannes Walser

bone, unfortnuately ^^

Alessandro Mainente

Try to be symmetrical as possible....for sure....