This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 5; Fingertips next to wall

Started by MARINA MARTAM, May 15, 2020 · 5 Replies · 72 Views

MARINA MARTAM

:question: I'm finding it hard to even get both feet up to the wall when I put my fingertips right against the wall.  Half an inch away is the closest I can get for now but I'm having to bend my elbows slightly while kicking up and then push straight up into a handstand.

Which part of my body is my weakness in this situation? 

I'd like to focus my trainings more into fixing that weakness. :icon_twisted:

Thank you for your support! ^_^

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, MARINA MARTAM said:

:question: I'm finding it hard to even get both feet up to the wall when I put my fingertips right against the wall.  Half an inch away is the closest I can get for now but I'm having to bend my elbows slightly while kicking up and then push straight up into a handstand.

Which part of my body is my weakness in this situation? 

I'd like to focus my trainings more into fixing that weakness. :icon_twisted:

Thank you for your support! ^_^

 

HI marina, generally this weakness is due to traps weakness or lack of shoulders range of motion. So the easiest way for me to check this is by asking you to show the mobility elements mastery of handstand from the first one (IM1) up to one the one correlated with the handstand exercise you are doing....plus the wall handstand run.

MARINA MARTAM

Hi Allesandro,

I wasn't sure how many of the HS runs you'd like me to post a video of, but here are some of the shoulder mobility checks & a shot of HS challenge day 5...

The problem in question 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tao0WkF3FgjqKxNXxDi2uroeTBLFJhOy/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Shoulder mobility iM1, hips not comfortable in this position 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tmSFNeCKnSXs8bg9VzFG-Yp6T_W6292J/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Shoulder mobility iM1, seated differently to focus more on thorasic ROM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQDQ3SVf-WblX6bmntxZr7fyD2OJgzZ4/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Shoulder mobility iM2, don't have access to weighted bar

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tW8EeIku1HGDyfmSzu3Y1gKwnl17o3_1/view?usp=drivesdk

 

So I did it with a 5kg weight plate instead  (too heavy for me though!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUqh4BwaJ1sWSdJdgSVNmsCDVkY46asT/view?usp=drivesdk

 

More shoulder mobility  checks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tSpByc85Guxpmcq6NnB4twC6oAd5j927/view?usp=drivesdk

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tkCazwRrawWToIAePr0JfZJtq2Jk0tMm/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Still tough to plant lower back to floor at the same time lowering toes closer to floor, on HSPE4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tPKHo_PXF3SIvKzoufqBZNd-wERyIrDb/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Other wall handstands with fingertips distanced  from wall

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tiWZA3mkmHomd9JedLNnNxJH6YHuX9NS/view?usp=drivesdk

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tY5ANFSWmNV0lHnKipkqLsclmpPYrwj1/view?usp=drivesdk

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tTWJx52fFN4Qn0Amy7ohWBtPG66dz07n/view?usp=drivesdk

 

Thanks for your support, Allesandro!

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/15/2020 at 4:11 AM, MARINA MARTAM said:

:question: I'm finding it hard to even get both feet up to the wall when I put my fingertips right against the wall.  Half an inch away is the closest I can get for now but I'm having to bend my elbows slightly while kicking up and then push straight up into a handstand.

Which part of my body is my weakness in this situation? 

I'd like to focus my trainings more into fixing that weakness. :icon_twisted:

Thank you for your support! ^_^

 

I have checked you mobility and line and i have forgotten that you were referring to "handstand challenge" and not handstand one. sorry.

usually, if you need to bend your elbows is because you do not kick enough hard and you tend to lean forward to compensate a weak kick.

MARINA MARTAM
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I have checked you mobility and line and i have forgotten that you were referring to "handstand challenge" and not handstand one. sorry.

usually, if you need to bend your elbows is because you do not kick enough hard and you tend to lean forward to compensate a weak kick.

:mellow: Hmm.., are you referring to my 2nd leg, not kicking hard enough?

What is it, then.. weakness of the glutes?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes i'm referring to that. the problem is technical because the first leg is too low when you begin to kick and the second is strength. is a combination od glutes, hamstring and quads.