This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE6

Started by Reilly Herbst, May 8, 2020 · 14 Replies · 212 Views

Reilly Herbst

I noticed in  the follow along video the instructor rest briefly between reps, is this the proper way to do it or should their be no rest between reps? meaning 10 second negative right away bring my feet back up to another 10 second negative?

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

I noticed in  the follow along video the instructor rest briefly between reps, is this the proper way to do it or should their be no rest between reps? meaning 10 second negative right away bring my feet back up to another 10 second negative?

If the rest is the time to reach the top of a plyo box is fine.

Thomas Nordman
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If the rest is the time to reach the top of a plyo box is fine.

Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Thanks

Reilly Herbst

https://youtu.be/5873-cKDLTI

https://youtu.be/QxQBk-JVAZc

Maybe I didn’t ask the question right. Here’s 2 videos the first one I’m not following with the follow along video and you can see I’m not taking any rest between the reps. (After the 10 second negative I bring my legs up right away for another 10 second negative). The second video I’m following the follow along video and mimicking the instructor. You can see I take a rest between each rep( after the 10 second negative I rest at the bottom for a few seconds before bringing my legs back up. My question is what’s the proper way to do it because I’ve followed the follow along and I did it by myself and it was a lot harder because I didn’t have those extra seconds of rest at the bottom. I hope I explained this well.

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

https://youtu.be/5873-cKDLTI

https://youtu.be/QxQBk-JVAZc

Maybe I didn’t ask the question right. Here’s 2 videos the first one I’m not following with the follow along video and you can see I’m not taking any rest between the reps. (After the 10 second negative I bring my legs up right away for another 10 second negative). The second video I’m following the follow along video and mimicking the instructor. You can see I take a rest between each rep( after the 10 second negative I rest at the bottom for a few seconds before bringing my legs back up. My question is what’s the proper way to do it because I’ve followed the follow along and I did it by myself and it was a lot harder because I didn’t have those extra seconds of rest at the bottom. I hope I explained this well.

How do you reach the top level it's up to you because the eccentric part is the goal....i was used to setting up 2 plyo boxes so that i was able to reach easily the highest position. but if you do not use additional aids...you have no reason to rest more..if possible.

Reilly Herbst

I understand, thank you

Reilly Herbst

I’m still working on 4x4, just making sure my form is solid?

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Reilly. You tend to move more quickly at the top of the rep, then slow down towards the end. Try to maintain a constant speed on the way down.

Reilly Herbst

How does my tempo look? I'm throwing a party once I master this!

Jeffrey Bittner

Good adjustment!

Reilly Herbst

Testing for mastery. This is my 5th set.

The reason I’m pausing in between reps is because I was following the follow along video.

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Testing for mastery. This is my 5th set.

The reason I’m pausing in between reps is because I was following the follow along video.

Very nice form!

Reilly Herbst

Thank you