This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/SE4

Started by Paul Reid, May 2, 2020 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Paul Reid said:

Could I get a form check please? Much appreciated. 

https://youtu.be/gPX5AKrGIRc

Hi Paul, well we have a problem with bodyline and closed shoulders. 

Unfortunately at the moment, I cannot verify if the problem occurs due to:

-bodyline weakness BUT you have enough shoulder mobility

OR

-bodyline weakness because you have poor shoulder mobility.

So my main approach here with all the students is asking to show the mastery of the first 8 mobility elements of the handstand course.

if you have already mastered them talking about range fo motion (especially) you should not have a problem filming them in a row.

Paul Reid
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Paul, well we have a problem with bodyline and closed shoulders. 

Unfortunately at the moment, I cannot verify if the problem occurs due to:

-bodyline weakness BUT you have enough shoulder mobility

OR

-bodyline weakness because you have poor shoulder mobility.

So my main approach here with all the students is asking to show the mastery of the first 8 mobility elements of the handstand course.

if you have already mastered them talking about range fo motion (especially) you should not have a problem filming them in a row.

Thanks. To confirm are you talking about the mobility elements from HS/PE1 - HSPE8? Some of the elements are the same movement with hold/rep variations. 

I can tell you that my range is limited in the elements where the palms are facing up while holding the bar in front: PE2/4/6/8. 

 

EDIT: Looking through the forums more I see that my scapula position wasn't right for some of the mobility elements. I'll go back and work on them.