This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

lower back pain after FS

Started by Reilly Herbst, May 2, 2020 · 3 Replies · 86 Views

Reilly Herbst

After my FS stretch this week I started to feel some tension in my lower back. It went away the next day so I trained my foundation series. Later in the day I started to feel the tension again in my lower back. It only comes back when I sit for long periods of time or when I bend over to grab something of the ground I can feel it in my lower back. Ive been doing front splits for about 4 years and Ive never experienced this pain before. The only other thing I can think of is maybe I increased weight to fast on my Jefferson curls.

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

After my FS stretch this week I started to feel some tension in my lower back. It went away the next day so I trained my foundation series. Later in the day I started to feel the tension again in my lower back. It only comes back when I sit for long periods of time or when I bend over to grab something of the ground I can feel it in my lower back. Ive been doing front splits for about 4 years and Ive never experienced this pain before. The only other thing I can think of is maybe I increased weight to fast on my Jefferson curls.

Hey Reilly, have you ever had this problem before? how many hours are you sitting in a day in this period?  more or less than before?

Reilly Herbst

No I have never had this problem. Im sitting around 1-3 hours a day. less than before. I just think its weird how it starts to hurt after the front splits series. like I said before I might have added too much weight on my j curl and weighted pike stretch to fast. I haven't been able to do j curls all year because I didn't have access to weights but I got home a month ago and I started to do 1 set of 10 reps twice a week. I started with only 10lbs and I added 5lbs every week probably to much to fast. I was doing them last week with 50 lbs. but I backed off and went back down to 15-20 lbs this week.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

No I have never had this problem. Im sitting around 1-3 hours a day. less than before. I just think its weird how it starts to hurt after the front splits series. like I said before I might have added too much weight on my j curl and weighted pike stretch to fast. I haven't been able to do j curls all year because I didn't have access to weights but I got home a month ago and I started to do 1 set of 10 reps twice a week. I started with only 10lbs and I added 5lbs every week probably to much to fast. I was doing them last week with 50 lbs. but I backed off and went back down to 15-20 lbs this week.

So the problems as happens always is too much intensity gap filled in a short time. take this as personal experience. stay away from painful exercises and return slowly to the previously painful movement.