This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 & MN/PE1>iM

Started by Benjamin Ashcraft, April 27, 2020 · 7 Replies · 65 Views

Benjamin Ashcraft

I was looking to see if I'm ready to move on to the next step for MN/PE1:

Unfortunately, the video cuts of the dumbbell at the top of the iM, but hopefully the video is good enough otherwise.  

I think my elbows are hypermobile, which makes locking them out while keeping the weight straight awkward.  

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Benjamin Ashcraft said:

I was looking to see if I'm ready to move on to the next step for MN/PE1:

Unfortunately, the video cuts of the dumbbell at the top of the iM, but hopefully the video is good enough otherwise.  

I think my elbows are hypermobile, which makes locking them out while keeping the weight straight awkward.  

Hi Benjamin, IM and PE are good definitely...but PE is:

-too fast

-without pause in between reps.

Can you fix these paints?

Benjamin Ashcraft

Thanks for the review Alessandro, I have an updated video that hopefully addresses your points:

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Benjamin Ashcraft said:

Thanks for the review Alessandro, I have an updated video that hopefully addresses your points:

 

 

HI Benjamin...slow down the rep of the tuck ups.

Benjamin Ashcraft

Hello Alessandro,

I have gone through another attempt with my repetitions on the tuck ups slower and more deliberate.  Unfortunately, my recording device cut short the video I was attempting to record, twice.   Here are the two attempts:

and:

I did full sets on both videos, but technical issues caused the full sets to not record.  I figured I'd post these anyway to check to see if I was on the right track with the tuck up tempo.  Comparing the site videos and other attempts on the forums, I can see that I was blitzing through these before.  

I appreciate the help!

Alessandro Mainente

Now, everything is almost ok. look at the top arm...try to hold the dumbell exactly above the shoulder.

Benjamin Ashcraft

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on the dumbell placement.  Am I on the right track?

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Benjamin Ashcraft said:

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on the dumbell placement.  Am I on the right track?

 

Hi Benjamin, can you post a video from the side? i need to see if your arm remains always over the shoulder.