This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seizas

Started by James O'Boyle, April 26, 2020 · 4 Replies · 93 Views

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here is a form check on all 3 seiza stretches.  My anterior ankle mobility is pretty bad and I'm unable to sit on my heels on any of these with knees and heels together.  I'm only moving into the stretch as far as I can without my heels coming apart.  I want to make sure I'm doing them right.

On the curled seiza, I cannot sit with my knees and heels together with my toes bent at all.  If I widen my knees and heels, I can get into the stretch.

How do these look?

Elevated Seiza:

Squatted Seiza:

Curled Seiza:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here is a form check on all 3 seiza stretches.  My anterior ankle mobility is pretty bad and I'm unable to sit on my heels on any of these with knees and heels together.  I'm only moving into the stretch as far as I can without my heels coming apart.  I want to make sure I'm doing them right.

On the curled seiza, I cannot sit with my knees and heels together with my toes bent at all.  If I widen my knees and heels, I can get into the stretch.

How do these look?

Elevated Seiza:

Squatted Seiza:

Curled Seiza:

Thanks,

James

Hi James well in the curled seiza you can reduce the intensity by putting something elevated under your knees.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Gotcha, I’ll give that a shot.  Are the other seizas okay?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

If your heels are together yes.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  thanks!