This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2 alternative

Started by Dan Schreter, April 24, 2020 · 2 Replies · 61 Views

Dan Schreter

Hi,

Coming back from a shoulder injury, I'm not yet ready to do SL PE2, but would be happy to continue moving forward with the SL progression. I have tried SL PE2, and can easily do low volume. The point at which I can't continue is limited by the shoulder, not the core (which is basically hardly challenged). I am working with a PT on the shoulder, and making slow progress, it's not being neglected and this is not what I'm asking for advice with.

SL PE1 is not challenging, and I expect SL PE3 to aggravate the shoulder far less, if at all. I can think of three main alternatives, and would appreciate input on what to prefer:

- Continue doing SL PE1, and increasing intensity (weight). I've already partially done this.

- Starting to work on SL PE3.

- An altogether alternative exercise as a substitute.

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Dan Schreter said:

Hi,

Coming back from a shoulder injury, I'm not yet ready to do SL PE2, but would be happy to continue moving forward with the SL progression. I have tried SL PE2, and can easily do low volume. The point at which I can't continue is limited by the shoulder, not the core (which is basically hardly challenged). I am working with a PT on the shoulder, and making slow progress, it's not being neglected and this is not what I'm asking for advice with.

SL PE1 is not challenging, and I expect SL PE3 to aggravate the shoulder far less, if at all. I can think of three main alternatives, and would appreciate input on what to prefer:

- Continue doing SL PE1, and increasing intensity (weight). I've already partially done this.

- Starting to work on SL PE3.

- An altogether alternative exercise as a substitute.

Thanks.

Hey Dan, for now you can skip what makes the situation worse BUT when the problem is fixed i suggest revisiting this element.

Dan Schreter

Got it. Thank you @Alessandro Mainente!