This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check please

Started by Jason Guitreau, April 24, 2020 · 2 Replies · 42 Views

Jason Guitreau

Static sls- not sure what is my limitations are to do this without weight. I can do the volume for step 9 but only with 5lbs. I’m pretty close to be able to get the volume in with 2.5lbs but not quit there. I know I have a little hip impengment from hip displasia and low back is really tight from degenerated disc. I have been stuck on any mobility drills like Jefferson curls and pancakes forever with very little improvements. Does it look like I may be lacking rom in the ankle also?Any tips on what to work on and should I eventually move on if I continue to need the weight? 

This is with 5 lbs

https://youtu.be/s4MzEwbobA8

This is with 2.5 lbs

https://youtu.be/XEtfX3PU0pQ

This is without weight 

https://youtu.be/GlgFA5b7Qpo

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Jason Guitreau said:

Static sls- not sure what is my limitations are to do this without weight. I can do the volume for step 9 but only with 5lbs. I’m pretty close to be able to get the volume in with 2.5lbs but not quit there. I know I have a little hip impengment from hip displasia and low back is really tight from degenerated disc. I have been stuck on any mobility drills like Jefferson curls and pancakes forever with very little improvements. Does it look like I may be lacking rom in the ankle also?Any tips on what to work on and should I eventually move on if I continue to need the weight? 

This is with 5 lbs

https://youtu.be/s4MzEwbobA8

This is with 2.5 lbs

https://youtu.be/XEtfX3PU0pQ

This is without weight 

https://youtu.be/GlgFA5b7Qpo

 

Hey Jason..talking with my experience (i have the worst ankles in he worlds) the single-leg squat is ankle dominant...so feel free to use a counterweight.

Jason Guitreau

Ok thanks