@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro! Here is my first attempt at sPL PE5. Very humbling! Hard to keep the hips pushed down. How does it look?
Thanks,
James
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by James O'Boyle, April 21, 2020 · 23 Replies · 163 Views
@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro! Here is my first attempt at sPL PE5. Very humbling! Hard to keep the hips pushed down. How does it look?
Thanks,
James
9 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro! Here is my first attempt at sPL PE5. Very humbling! Hard to keep the hips pushed down. How does it look?
Thanks,
James
Heels together James. I suggest you using a lean where you can hold the position for 8-9'', build up to 15-18'' then step back and increase the lean and so on.
@Alessandro Mainente Sounds good, I'll dial back the lean and work on holding longer. It's hard for me to keep heels together on this one--the front of my ankles are pretty tight so my feet want to turn out when I put weight on them here.
Thanks,
James
@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro--I reduced the lean a bit. How does this look for a 9 second hold?
Thanks,
James
3 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro--I reduced the lean a bit. How does this look for a 9 second hold?
Thanks,
James
Nice bodyline and solid work.
@Alessandro Mainente Sweet, thank you! It feels like this PE is going to do a lot for my pushing strength.
11 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:@Alessandro Mainente Sweet, thank you! It feels like this PE is going to do a lot for my pushing strength.
Keep in my to push through the shoulders.hands do not exist.
@Alessandro Mainente Got it!
Hi coaches,
I've been working at this ROM for 3x15sec holds. Is it time to increase the lean? Or should I increase time and sets with the same ROM?
Thanks,
James
Work on increasing the lean before adding time. Your goal is to get that draw string in line with your hands/wrists.
Sounds good, will do!
@Jeffrey Bittner Hi, Jeffrey!
Is this the correct amount of lean? This is the point at which my palms are starting to come up off of the floor.
Thanks,
James
Nice improvement! Aim for the amount of lean you hit at the 17 seconds.
@Jeffrey Bittner Awesome, thanks! This exercise is really hard.
Your progress is very inspiring!
@Matthew Walker Thanks!
Hi coaches,
These 6 second holds are starting to feel way more solid. How does my form look? I may try to increase the reps next session.
Thanks,
James
Awesome work on your lean, James! It's hard to tell because of the camera angle, but it looks like you might be losing a small amount of protraction. As you lean, remember to keep your head in a neutral position (eyes on the floor). Keep up the great work!
Gotcha, thanks! I’ll focus on that and post another view (from the front?) next time.
A side view is perfect. It might help me see what I'm looking for if you elevate the camera more. Looking down from the side if that makes sense.
Gotcha, I'll shoot another video with that angle next session. Thanks!
@Jeffrey Bittner Hi Jeffrey, here's another angle. Not perfectly from the side, let me know and I can adjust it if necessary. How does it look?
Thanks,
James
That angle is perfect. Your position looks solid, nice work!
Awesome, good to hear. Thanks!