This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC pe2

Started by Reilly Herbst, April 20, 2020 · 15 Replies · 207 Views

Reilly Herbst

I’ve been stuck on this for about 8 months now. I’m only at 4x6r, my first 3 sets are solid and on my last set the last 2 reps I just have nothing left and I’m almost trying to swing to touch my shoulders with the rings. Here’s my first set

https://youtu.be/5FxR9ylFm0s

And here’s my 4th set

https://youtu.be/rDm9kMROPxw

 

Alessandro Mainente

How much are you resting on these in between sets? how many times are you doing this exercise?

Reilly Herbst

I’m resting enough to do the IM. And I’m doing them twice a week.

Alessandro Mainente

Ok, keep one minute more on your rest. try this strategy only to overcome the plateau.

Reilly Herbst

so if I complete 4x6 with 1 minute extra rest do I move on to 5x6 or do I retry 4x6 with no rest?

Reilly Herbst

just making sure you see this.

Alessandro Mainente

First option. begin with 1 minute extra and fight for 4x6, then reduce the resto 30'' and fight again for 4x6, then 15''...then zero rest.

keep me updated, please.

Reilly Herbst

sweet thank you

Reilly Herbst

So for one training I rested 30 sec between sets felt very easy, next training I rested 15 sec between sets felt very easy. Today I didn’t rest between sets, I was able to complete the 4x6. Here’s a video of my last set. The last rep was a little challenging but I managed to complete it. When I move up to 4x9 should I do the same strategy. Rest 30, 15 and then no rest?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

You can first check if you can complete them normally. but actually you need to stay on the 4x6, then try 5x6 then try 6x6. you had too much trouble for passing on the following step too soon.

Andrew J Asbach

I have been stuck on these for a while as well. Also been stuck on A2: Pushup progression 8/9 for about 8 months as well. I read somewhere that mastery is to be performed with only mobility as your rest. I want to make sure I have that correct. 

So you put rest in between sets when you plateau. At what point do you consider a movement plateaued?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes is correct but STRATEGIES for acquiring that mastery are welcome. as I have suggested to reilly.

Reilly Herbst

Making sure my form is solid?

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Making sure my form is solid?

Hey Reilly, from here yes. be sure about not losing depression at the bottom.

Reilly Herbst

Testing for mastery……. Finally. 
 

this is my 5th set

Alessandro Mainente
2 minutes ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Testing for mastery……. Finally. 
 

this is my 5th set

for me it is ok! the last rep has still a nice speed...