This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please critique my weekly workout plan

Started by Tom Goss, April 18, 2020 · 7 Replies · 224 Views

Tom Goss

I've set up my weekly workout plan that I want to follow. Please tell me what you think and if you'd change anything. Is this too much, is there any redundancy? My main issue right now is mobility. It is fairly terrible but has already improved.

I currently in the early stages of F1, after starting bodyweight training 5 weeks ago. I've been stuck for a while on the master steps for push-ups and tuck ups but seem to be progressing decently with the others. 

Thanks!

Mon

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Restore hips

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hips

Tue

AM

Stretch Front Split

Movement 

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Restore Quad

Wed

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hamstring

Thur

AM

Stretch middle split

movement

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Restore ankle/knee

Fri

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hips

Sat

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

Stretch Thoracic bridge

Sun

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Tom Goss said:

I've set up my weekly workout plan that I want to follow. Please tell me what you think and if you'd change anything. Is this too much, is there any redundancy? My main issue right now is mobility. It is fairly terrible but has already improved.

I currently in the early stages of F1, after starting bodyweight training 5 weeks ago. I've been stuck for a while on the master steps for push-ups and tuck ups but seem to be progressing decently with the others. 

Thanks!

Mon

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Restore hips

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hips

Tue

AM

Stretch Front Split

Movement 

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Restore Quad

Wed

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hamstring

Thur

AM

Stretch middle split

movement

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Restore ankle/knee

Fri

AM

Beginner Mobility

Beginner bodyline

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

PM

7 min warmup

Foundation upper

Foundation lower

Restore hips

Sat

Jump rope cardio 20-30 mins

Stretch Thoracic bridge

Sun

7 min warmup

Foundation core

Handstand 1

Hey Tom, the choice of doing 2 sessions in a day is a personal choice due to logistic problems?

Tom Goss
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Tom, the choice of doing 2 sessions in a day is a personal choice due to logistic problems?

In theory I could do it all in one go

It's a personal choice more than anything. Luckily I have a lot of control over my daily schedule.

Do you think it would be better to do it all in one? Or split into cardio am strength/mobility pm?

Alessandro Mainente

You need to try...at the moment you should focus on 3 things.....stretch series, foundations, handstand...for sure.

Tom Goss
16 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You need to try...at the moment you should focus on 3 things.....stretch series, foundations, handstand...for sure.

Yeah those are for sure the main focus

I added the Bodyline because it seems like it complements everything else, the restore sessions for extra work on the particularly stiff parts, and the movement because it seems fun and fairly quick. I could drop those though.

Alessandro Mainente

Well begin with the 3...then if necessary add restores...hold the movement as last option in the last day of the week...if you have energy.

Tom Goss
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well begin with the 3...then if necessary add restores...hold the movement as last option in the last day of the week...if you have energy.

OK

Do you think 3x week frequency for foundation is optimal? 

Alessandro Mainente

If you are at the beginning you should do one exercise at least once a week. i would consider moving to 2 only to overcome a plateau.