This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check Russian Dips

Started by Chad Burger, April 16, 2020 · 3 Replies · 111 Views

Chad Burger

Hi,

I have started working on the Russian dip progressions again and wanted some feedback on my form.  Prior to this I would lean back with elevated shoulders and it did not feel right.  I think I am using a little momentum to come back up to the bottom dip position.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I posted the link to the video at the end.

Chad

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wBrBhFEeNzr1nQzWA

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Chad Burger said:

Hi,

I have started working on the Russian dip progressions again and wanted some feedback on my form.  Prior to this I would lean back with elevated shoulders and it did not feel right.  I think I am using a little momentum to come back up to the bottom dip position.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I posted the link to the video at the end.

Chad

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wBrBhFEeNzr1nQzWA

Hey Chad, are you following foundations program?

Chad Burger
34 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Chad, are you following foundations program?

Hi Alessandro,

The answer to your question is yes and no.  Last year I followed the foundations program for many months and was stuck on the Russian Dip progression after being able to easily do the Korean Dips.  I took some time off to rest and work of other aspects of my fitness.  I am now coming back to strength training and have been working on my form to complete the Russian Dip.  I feel like I have more control of movement with my current ability.  I wanted to get some feedback from you to see if there is anything else I can do to improve my technique.  Also I am working to improve my muscle up on a straight bar and have read that the Russian Dip is a great tool for gaining the strength to move throught the transition phase of the movement,

Thanks,

Chad

Alessandro Mainente

HI Chad, my first suggestion is carefully looking at the course video because what you are showing is not a russian dip...