This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FSSSE14 + FSSSE16 Narrow & Wide Hurdler

Started by James O'Boyle, April 16, 2020 · 8 Replies · 83 Views

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  These stretches seems to always aggravate my spinal fusion, even if I elevate myself on multiple yoga blocks.  Is there a way to modify these so they don't put so much pressure on my lower back?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  These stretches seems to always aggravate my spinal fusion, even if I elevate myself on multiple yoga blocks.  Is there a way to modify these so they don't put so much pressure on my lower back?

Thanks,

James

Yes, do not bend forward at the spine but at the hips. for your specific case, elevate your hips at the point where you can sit with up the lower back straight. then bend the front knee a bit, then reach forward with an extended lower back.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Like this?

 

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
James O'Boyle said:
2 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Like this?

 

 

Thanks,

James

Can you see the lower back? can you make ti more straight?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  I see what you mean.  I raised the elevation a bit--does it look better?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

You need to build up the range of motion with  "sensations". now when you are in the starting position arch the lower and the upper back. can you feel the erector spinae? good. now begin to flex at the hips. can you feel the  erector spinae? yes --> move further. no? --> stay there.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  got it, thank you!  When you say “flex at the hips”, does that mean “push the hips back”?

Alessandro Mainente

I mean compress the upper body to the lower body...generally speaking.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  got it, thanks!