This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression - mobility

Started by Pavel Votanek, April 16, 2020 · 1 Replies · 59 Views

Pavel Votanek

Hello,

I have question - I shall proceed to another PE and mobility drill only if I can manage mobility in its full scope/range of motion etc.

But some mobility drills I cannot do because of medical condition in my hip (serious arthrosis). The full ragne of motion is not possible even with having the most flexible muscles and tendons around the hip. 

So f.e. how shall I proceed with Scapular Shrugs and Swivel Hips. I will never be able to do Swivel HIps properly (both knees almost on floor, all buttocks on floor). 

 

Is there any advice how to proceed to further steps? I understand that this mees that in the future it will cause some final PE impossible to do, but I cannot stay on one level because of mobility drill forever.

Thx.

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/16/2020 at 11:14 AM, Pavel Votanek said:

Hello,

I have question - I shall proceed to another PE and mobility drill only if I can manage mobility in its full scope/range of motion etc.

But some mobility drills I cannot do because of medical condition in my hip (serious arthrosis). The full ragne of motion is not possible even with having the most flexible muscles and tendons around the hip. 

So f.e. how shall I proceed with Scapular Shrugs and Swivel Hips. I will never be able to do Swivel HIps properly (both knees almost on floor, all buttocks on floor). 

 

Is there any advice how to proceed to further steps? I understand that this mees that in the future it will cause some final PE impossible to do, but I cannot stay on one level because of mobility drill forever.

Thx.

HI Pavel, in this particular case you should avoid movement causing pain.