Ring Strength Series Training: Indiv. Exs or Compiled Exs??

Started by Kevin Conley, May 23, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,386 Views

Kevin Conley

Everyone,

I am making decent progress in my ring strength, but I was wondering if it is more beneficial to train in the ring strength series, or to do individual exercises in the set manner.

For clarity, I do all my basic ring strength exercises in sets doing only one of the statics at a time. Would it be better to train the basic ring strength statics in a complied manner (such as ring strength series 1)?

I do not believe I am alone on this question, but I could not find it addressed anywhere. :cry:

-Prometheus

braindx

Once you can start to string together 5-6 consecutive skills it is beneficial to use routines as a "finisher" or "conditioning" if you so desire after some of the individual exercise or combination exercise strength work.

Coach Sommer
Prometheus said:
I am making decent progress in my ring strength, but I was wondering if it is more beneficial to train in the ring strength series, or to do individual exercises in the set manner.

Both should be done. My own athletes do their series work prior to beginning their ring strength set work. If you have done a good job on your set work, you will be too fatigued to go a good job on series work afterwards.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer