This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical front split

Started by Reilly Herbst, April 8, 2020 · 5 Replies · 80 Views

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Reilly Herbst said:

As i was suspecting...tight tight and more tight hips flexor...at this level of execution you are soo tight at the hips flexor that your hips are twisting so you are not obtaining benefits from this variation because hips twist moves the stretch on the adductors rather than hips flexor. you need to move the knee away from the wall at the point where your hips are perfectly aligned.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you for your input. I think I told you before I’ve played hockey for 15 years, so my whole lower body is insanely tight! Should I move my knee away from the wall on the vertical lunge aswell?

Reilly Herbst

Also is their any stretches I should do in my daily limber to improve this?

Jeffrey Bittner

If you aren't able to keep your hips square, then yes, you should move your knee away from the wall. Adding a vertical lunge with a bent front leg to your daily limber will help you to isolate the hip flexor and give it some extra attention. On your non-stretch days there is no need to hold this position for more than about 30 seconds.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you