This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HIIT 1 alongside Fundamentals while in lockdown

Started by Mr Gavin D Fowler, April 2, 2020 · 4 Replies · 73 Views

Mr Gavin D Fowler

Hi, I have just started my GymnasticBodies journey and have completed the first two weeks of Fundamentals. I have been doing various types of bodyweight training for a while, but progress is always derailed by tightness in the shoulder and hips. I am very committed to the gradual, progressive approach here and have already noticed an improvement in my mobility. My question is: would it be advisable to add HIIT 1 two or three times a week along side Fundamentals? My reason for asking is that I’m not getting much cardio in at the moment because of being stuck at home; however, I don’t want to compromise the progress in terms of joint health and development that I’m getting from Fundamentals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
Best,

Gavin

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Mr Gavin D Fowler said:

Hi, I have just started my GymnasticBodies journey and have completed the first two weeks of Fundamentals. I have been doing various types of bodyweight training for a while, but progress is always derailed by tightness in the shoulder and hips. I am very committed to the gradual, progressive approach here and have already noticed an improvement in my mobility. My question is: would it be advisable to add HIIT 1 two or three times a week along side Fundamentals? My reason for asking is that I’m not getting much cardio in at the moment because of being stuck at home; however, I don’t want to compromise the progress in terms of joint health and development that I’m getting from Fundamentals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
Best,

Gavin

Hi Gavin, i do not have enough information BUT if you do desk job or you sit a lot is better for you implementing restores work for hips and thoracic spine for the long terms work.

Mr Gavin D Fowler
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Gavin, i do not have enough information BUT if you do desk job or you sit a lot is better for you implementing restores work for hips and thoracic spine for the long terms work.

Hi Alessandro, thanks for that. I am 36, I don’t have a completely desk bound job but am definitely lacking mobility in the hips and thoracic spine, so I’ll take your advice. On the Intro plan I’m also doing restore and bands. Would you recommend adding additional restore sessions for hips and thoracic given that these seem to be particularly tight areas?

Thanks again,

Gavin

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Mr Gavin D Fowler said:

Hi Alessandro, thanks for that. I am 36, I don’t have a completely desk bound job but am definitely lacking mobility in the hips and thoracic spine, so I’ll take your advice. On the Intro plan I’m also doing restore and bands. Would you recommend adding additional restore sessions for hips and thoracic given that these seem to be particularly tight areas?

Thanks again,

Gavin

Hey Gavinm yes for sure...

Mr Gavin D Fowler
15 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Gavinm yes for sure...

Will do, thanks!