This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent arm half straddle planche hold

Started by Matt Snow, April 2, 2020 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

Matt Snow

I've just progressed from the straddle leg extensions to the bent arm half straddle planche hold.  I can't get into that position and could use some help or tips.  The Frog stand strength piece is relatively easy for me.  How do I ease into this mobility part?  This is C8 mobility for upper body.  Thanks,

Alessandro Mainente

HI Matt, can you please show an attempt?

Matt Snow

I'm struggling with converting the video to the correct file type.  I have an attempt to show you but I'll need to figure out how to get it converted.  I can get into the 1/2 straddle planch position at a 45 degree angle to the ground and then moving my rear and legs down to parallel with the ground results in dropping to the floor.  

Try this Dropbox link..  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7nn8tbzjdj0dg5/IMG-1926.MOV?dl=0

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Matt Snow said:

I'm struggling with converting the video to the correct file type.  I have an attempt to show you but I'll need to figure out how to get it converted.  I can get into the 1/2 straddle planch position at a 45 degree angle to the ground and then moving my rear and legs down to parallel with the ground results in dropping to the floor.  

Try this Dropbox link..  https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7nn8tbzjdj0dg5/IMG-1926.MOV?dl=0

Hey Matt well is more a strength problem...

we can try to build up some basic strength first....so try to do a bent arm tuck hold...maybe using a couple of books under the hands.