This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 and RC PE2 form check

Started by Caspersen Edouard, April 2, 2020 · 9 Replies · 89 Views

Caspersen Edouard

Hi,

I just started the foundation program and would like a form check on pushups (4x9 reps step) and ground rows (4x9 reps step)
The lighting doesn't do justice to me trying to keep my PPT and protracting at the top on pushup (i have big glutes so it may look i am in APT)
Camera angle isn't optimal for rows but i keep my leg straight only touching with my heels.

Thanks

Puhsups : https://photos.app.goo.gl/pvwk23wWCX3RBnai8

Rows : https://photos.app.goo.gl/sWVhgCXVtik7YoRE8

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Caspersen Edouard said:

Hi,

I just started the foundation program and would like a form check on pushups (4x9 reps step) and ground rows (4x9 reps step)
The lighting doesn't do justice to me trying to keep my PPT and protracting at the top on pushup (i have big glutes so it may look i am in APT)
Camera angle isn't optimal for rows but i keep my leg straight only touching with my heels.

Thanks

Puhsups : https://photos.app.goo.gl/pvwk23wWCX3RBnai8

Rows : https://photos.app.goo.gl/sWVhgCXVtik7YoRE8

Hey Edouard welcome to Gb community. well, the ground rows are ok BUT improvements are necessary for the pushup, especially with your alignment. ideally, the alignment should inherited from the previous exercise so i'm gonna ask you to revisit the first PE and post a form execution. working on this variation can make bad habits even worse.

Caspersen Edouard

Ok. I figured my protraction wasn’t good enough. Will do this today. 
thank you. 

Caspersen Edouard

Here is my form check :

HBP PE1 set of 15 : https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ed24aiT7t8PPJ7kDA

Then a few sets of HBP PE2 with different body alignment. Should i try to push my hips more forward? I always have this low back arch even when i do PPT. I have big glutes + a natural excessive low back arch since being a kid so that doesn't help

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SAn9sNsccy86nR6E7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Efk16r3Det6imdZA with hips pushed more downwards

https://photos.app.goo.gl/THcpcwBw52VKGFob9 focusing on protraction

Thanks for the help

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Edouard, well protraction and hips pushed forward/down are not alternative, they are details which can co-exists in the same execution.

Now, the PE1 is more suitable for you due to the alignment.

More protraction at the top (this means pushing yourself off from the support, while the shoulders stay depressed) + posterior pelvic tilt. remember that you still need to open your hips while performing the posterior pelvic tilt.

if you search on google these:

-anterior pelvic tilt and posterior pelvic tilt

-hips flexed and hips extended.

You then must know that the alignment of the pushup is posterior pelvic tilt and hips extended.

Caspersen Edouard

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll go back to PE1 then. How is my form on these ? https://photos.app.goo.gl/tadfDvazvafMGX2E8 

If form is Ok on those inlcine pushups, can i gradually lower the height of the support til i reach flat pushup, in order to work on keeping my form all the way?
I know what PPT and protraction is, i though i had decent PPT and realized it's far from true and that my protraction is not what i thought it is. I can do 30+ secs of frogstand (learned it before GB) but i tend to lose protraction towards the end. Gotta work on these things !!

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Caspersen Edouard said:

Did upper body day today with inclined pushups and here is my last set of 5x15

How is it? 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6AvmAMBn332tm25b7

Damn Edouard, you got it perfectly...you can try to hold the same activation with floor version....or gradually move the support down.

Caspersen Edouard

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

 

tried it on the floor. 
I think my scapula protraction could be better but I would like to know how the general form is and is my PPT ok?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dBMgfQ8swg8vCoBe7

thanks. 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Caspersen Edouard said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

 

tried it on the floor. 
I think my scapula protraction could be better but I would like to know how the general form is and is my PPT ok?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dBMgfQ8swg8vCoBe7

thanks. 

Definitely better, probably your hips flexor is tight. are you following also the front split course?