This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fundamentals not advancing to wk2?

Started by Mike Kelly, March 30, 2020 · 6 Replies · 221 Views

Mike Kelly

Last week I purchased unlimited access.  I selected the Introduction plan and completed all the workouts.

"My Schedule" for this week just shows a copy of what I already did last week?  Am I wrong in assuming that wk2 of fundamentals should start with Fundamentals Day 6 workout?

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Mike Kelly said:

Last week I purchased unlimited access.  I selected the Introduction plan and completed all the workouts.

"My Schedule" for this week just shows a copy of what I already did last week?  Am I wrong in assuming that wk2 of fundamentals should start with Fundamentals Day 6 workout?

 

Hi Mike, fundamentals do not have a progressive amount of sets and reps but it is more a diagnostic tool for looking where you have weak muscles and tight muscles.

Coach Sommer

As I answered elsewhere, you will need to adjust your week forward manually as some athletes are good with one week, but others may require two or more.  Only you know when you are ready to move forward.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Thomas 376087

I am not clear when I know if I am ready. The movements in Fundamentals are shown in a super short version. So basically I am through in a minute or so. Does this mean I am ready to move on, or should I spend more time (longer than the video suggest) to see if I am ready? 

Coach Sommer

If you are not sure, you should probably spend a bit more time.  Quality of movement and understanding the intent are more important than speed of progress.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Sean Rogers

Hello,

I had a similar experience and question with my week 2 schedule being the same as week 1.  I have a long way to go before I can say that I have the movements in 1-4 nailed down.

Should I stay with week fundamentals days 1-5 until I have reached perfection in them before moving to fundamentals 6+?

Thank You,

SR

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Sean Rogers said:

Hello,

I had a similar experience and question with my week 2 schedule being the same as week 1.  I have a long way to go before I can say that I have the movements in 1-4 nailed down.

Should I stay with week fundamentals days 1-5 until I have reached perfection in them before moving to fundamentals 6+?

Thank You,

SR

Yes, Sean or at least see a decent amount of difference on terms of fluidity and/or range of motion and/or strength compared to the first time you did the movements.