Fell like i should protract my shoulders more. But find it hard to do upside down. Any advice?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Wall handstand
Started by Thomas Hanssen, March 25, 2020 · 4 Replies · 83 Views
9 hours ago, Thomas Hanssen said:Fell like i should protract my shoulders more. But find it hard to do upside down. Any advice?
Hi Thomas, can you post, please also a front view.
Also, I notice that you are arching your upper back, this can be due to a lack of shoulder mobility.
Since I've taken a look at your posts history, there is no previous form check about handstand elements I do not know if you have reached the requirements for the mobility.
So I'm gonna ask you to show the mastery of IM1 up to IM6 in order to check your shoulder mobility.
Thanks for your ever so watchful eye. I will film the mobility next session.
Stay safe!
Here is todays attempt. Ive tried to fokus more on protraction and think i made the upper back straighter in the beginning...think i need to pull the ribs in or something?
Ive submitted many videos in the past Alessandro. So I'm not sure were those are, its been a while since I've followed the program. But one of my goals this year is to improve my handstand. Hope everybody is safe
2 hours ago, Thomas Hanssen said:Here is todays attempt. Ive tried to fokus more on protraction and think i made the upper back straighter in the beginning...think i need to pull the ribs in or something?
Ive submitted many videos in the past Alessandro. So I'm not sure were those are, its been a while since I've followed the program. But one of my goals this year is to improve my handstand. Hope everybody is safe
![]()
HI Thomas, from the front view appears that the stance on the floor is oo wide. when you are at the top of the elevation you should feel the deltoids on your ears. Also I have seen your IM but if you can I would like to see all the other IM. this is necessary because the loos of protraction can be due to lack of mobility especially on shoulder flexion.