This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pelvis position during middle splits

Started by Eloy Bote, March 24, 2020 · 1 Replies · 63 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi coaches,

What is the ideal position of the pelvis when doing middle splits? Apart from that, if I do the middle splits with knees pointing forward it's very weird for me and I don't like the pressure I feel in the knees, they bend inwards. So I rotate the hips to have the knees pointing up.

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

Hi coaches,

What is the ideal position of the pelvis when doing middle splits? Apart from that, if I do the middle splits with knees pointing forward it's very weird for me and I don't like the pressure I feel in the knees, they bend inwards. So I rotate the hips to have the knees pointing up.

The correct middle split can be done ONLY with full internal rotation, anterior pelvic tilt and parallel feet.