This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bulgarian Row Form Check and Progression Difficulty

Started by Shawn Lucas, March 22, 2020 · 2 Replies · 79 Views

Shawn Lucas

I could use some advice, please.

My progressions are not even. I am having problems with the first step of the Foundation One, Bulgarian Rows. I am having trouble getting out of Stage 1/9 in that exercise. All the other exercises for Core and Upper Body are ready to move on.

Part of my question is whether my form is OK with the rows? First two pics below are first rep with palms facing feet, last two pics are third (and final rep) with palms facing each other. Any advice, or hints?

Also, how far should I let a particular exercise lag behind the development of the others? Are there Bulgarian variations I can use to get that exercise up to speed? Should I take my entire Upper Body series back a level to work on my elevated rows, or just the rows and keep other exercises where they are? Can my Core stay where it is or do I also need to take it back a level, if I regress on Upper Body?

Any thoughts on my Bulgarian row form and how you deal with uneven progress would be appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hey lucas the last 2 pictures is what you should aim for.

For the other question...is not a problem if you move slowly in one exercise like the core...of the upper body pushing part....is quite normal in the biggest part of the cases.

Shawn Lucas

Thank you very much, Alessandro!