This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adapting the first 8 weeks (incl. links)

Started by Trevor Catterall, March 21, 2020 · 0 Replies · 168 Views

Trevor Catterall

I have returned to GYMfit after a longgggg break and now that Im close to finishing fundamentals I thought that I would share some movements that I implemented into the routine to work on areas of weakness as well as some changes to prepare me for Foundations 1. These links maybe saved elsewhere in which case I am sorry if I have repeated them. I have saved these links from the GYMfit emails that I have received over the years and will continue to use them as I continue to develop. Hopefully other GYMfitters will find them useful. I will add that many of these movements are far beyond my current level so I took 10 or so for now.

Avoiding Soreness and Pain (a big issue for me as I hit 40 this year and incl. COSSACK SQUATS which I love)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/manage-training-soreness-fatigue/

Straddle Pancake ideas (good fun)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/why-you-need-the-straddle-pancake/

The Missing Element to CORE strength (SPOILER ALERT it's the hamstrings)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/core-workout-missing-element/

PLANCHE LEANS

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/planche-leans-get-you-strong/

The FOUR best strength exercises you can do without equiment (incl. COSSACK SQUATS again)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/no-equipment-needed-best-strength-exercises/?WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=blog-no-equipment-needed-strength

PELVIC TILTS explained

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/hips-dont-lie-understanding-pelvic-tilt-greater-strength-gains/?WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=blog-mobility&utm_content=buffer62941&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

FOUR tips toImprove your PULL-UPS

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/4-ways-improve-pull-ups/?WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=blog-4-tips-improve-pull-ups

Top THREE exercises for INDESTRUCTIBLE SHOULDERS

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/4-ways-improve-pull-ups/?WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=blog-4-tips-improve-pull-ups

FIVE effective moves to boost your GYM routine (incl. The TIPTOE PRESS)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/5-effective-moves-boost-gym-routine/

Safeguard your squat (really useful for knees and the twisting squat thing in foundations)

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/safeguard-squat-potent-protective-practice/?utm_content=buffer47cf6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

THE Jefferson Curl

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/jefferson-curls-weighted-mobility/

and my favourite for last THE BEST STATIC STRETCH FOR FULL BODY BENEFIT

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/safeguard-squat-potent-protective-practice/?utm_content=buffer47cf6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

 

I also found it useful to superset Fundamentals 1, 6, 11 and 16 with Jefferson Curls and some other movements to get a bit of cardio going.