This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extensio

Started by Adam Beker, March 20, 2020 · 2 Replies · 69 Views

Adam Beker

Hello,

Since about 3 weeks I'm doing the foundations program. I have been doing gymnastics for about 2 to 3 years. Building up basic strength.
I'm still in a process of figuring out what level to start at. For instance, I can do a tuck planche for 3 x 6 sec, but the mobility part, the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extensio, is not possible at all. Either I lack strength or I lack the technique... What would you suggest to do in this situation? Would you go back to an easier progression of the planche or should I keep practicing the Tuck Planche and just stay there until I manage to do the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extensio? 

Please let me know! 

Thanks,
Adam

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Adam Beker said:

Hello,

Since about 3 weeks I'm doing the foundations program. I have been doing gymnastics for about 2 to 3 years. Building up basic strength.
I'm still in a process of figuring out what level to start at. For instance, I can do a tuck planche for 3 x 6 sec, but the mobility part, the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extensio, is not possible at all. Either I lack strength or I lack the technique... What would you suggest to do in this situation? Would you go back to an easier progression of the planche or should I keep practicing the Tuck Planche and just stay there until I manage to do the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Double Leg Extensio? 

Please let me know! 

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam have you already test the mastery of the previous elements? like planche lean, elevated planche lean etc?

Adam Beker

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't tested those yet, because I'm already able to do the tuck planche. I will test them during my next upper body workout!

Thanks,
Adam