This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE3

Started by Mamertas Kiveris, March 17, 2020 · 1 Replies · 33 Views

Mamertas Kiveris

I believed my tuck-up form was good before I started doing hollow straddle hold for FL. I realised I start the tuck-up by engaging lower back(it's arched). Is that okay or I should get into a hollow body position before tucking up?

Secondly, my upper back is really round and looks awful. Trying out other progressions such as Straddle-up and V-up seems like a waste of time(i linked them too) even though I feel strong doing tuck-ups. Please give all the feedback you can!

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Mamertas Kiveris said:

I believed my tuck-up form was good before I started doing hollow straddle hold for FL. I realised I start the tuck-up by engaging lower back(it's arched). Is that okay or I should get into a hollow body position before tucking up?

Secondly, my upper back is really round and looks awful. Trying out other progressions such as Straddle-up and V-up seems like a waste of time(i linked them too) even though I feel strong doing tuck-ups. Please give all the feedback you can!

 

 

 

Hey Kiveris ( i suppose this is your name...if not...i'm sorry).

we need to fix a problem in order to engage correctly the hips flexor. the order of the muscles involvement should be:

FIRST: abdominal must fix the lower and mid-spine;

SECOND: hips flexor,

on the contrary, you begin the exercise with hip flexion and also spine flexion BUT YOUR LOWER BACK IS STILL ARCHED.

you need to :

1-work ONLY ON THE PE1.

2-begin the movement slowly by flexing your upper spine (doing a crunch) and COMPLETELY reduce to zero the space under your lower back, then flex the hips. and perform slow eccentric work.

if you do not correct this point you will get lower back pain soon or after.

I suggest a daily stretch of the hips flexor.

this is a personalized suggestion for your problem.