This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seiza question

Started by Heather McDonald, March 13, 2020 · 3 Replies · 67 Views

Heather McDonald

I'm pretty new to the program... on all of the seiza stretches, I cannot keep my heels together during the stretch. I have looked at the modifiers and unless I'm missing something, I don't see how to modify if heels don't touch.... how do I need to proceed so I can build to the full stretch with. heels together?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Heather McDonald said:

I'm pretty new to the program... on all of the seiza stretches, I cannot keep my heels together during the stretch. I have looked at the modifiers and unless I'm missing something, I don't see how to modify if heels don't touch.... how do I need to proceed so I can build to the full stretch with. heels together?

Thanks!

Hy Heather, my suggestion is beginning upright  and actively push the heels together then move down until you can hold them together.

Heather McDonald

Thanks! Any other stretches I can do to help with foot/ankle flexibility? 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Heather McDonald said:

Thanks! Any other stretches I can do to help with foot/ankle flexibility? 

If you sit many hours in a day you can consider putting the instep on the floor so that you can stretch the tight muscles much more time in a day.