This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Flpe6 + im

Started by Vanessa Hunt, March 13, 2020 · 20 Replies · 195 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Form check please. Just starting this progression. trying not to use hips to get momentum but may not have quite got it? Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello

Form check please. Just starting this progression. trying not to use hips to get momentum but may not have quite got it? Thanks

 

 

Hi Vanessa, in pic below you can see a drop in the form. i'm analyzing the upper and lower part of the rep at 12 seconds mark. when you move on the upper back your hips flexor takes over the abs and you lose the hollow position. the ability to hold the bodyline is a thin balance between hips flexion and hips extension...i'm pretty sure that in the pic to the right your glutes are not working.

hb.png

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro i will reassess and post again. 

Vanessa Hunt

How am I going? Trying hard to retain hollow body line...

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

How am I going? Trying hard to retain hollow body line...

 

Well, reducing the range of motion does not correspond with reducing the error. in your case the range of motion of your very first video was correct, you simply need to hold the same body line. you need to raise more the upper body before beginning the rocks, if not the spine is too straight and you cannot roll on a straight spine.

Vanessa Hunt

Do you think regressing with hands by side is a better option a this time? It doesn't feel as awkward 

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Do you think regressing with hands by side is a better option a this time? It doesn't feel as awkward 

 

Yes, cause they are perfect.

then you can pass on a T form, then 45° overhead....then full hollow body rock.

Vanessa Hunt

 

Hi coaches form check please. I regressed this with view to pass on T form , then 45 and over head. Hoping to progress to 45? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

 

Hi coaches form check please. I regressed this with view to pass on T form , then 45 and over head. Hoping to progress to 45? Thanks

I like them! nice execution. you can try the T form.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Progression with hands above head. How is it looking? Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello

Progression with hands above head. How is it looking? Thanks

 

 

Hey Vanessa, better, i would consider ok the reps up to 23''.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

How am I going with this one?

Thanks

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

How am I going with this one?

Thanks

 

 

 

Hey Vanessa, well the previous form was better....if you look at the first reps you can see that now you tend to "fall more on the upper back" compared to before.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok will work on that. i do see it thank you.

 

 

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches 

I feel I've lost my way a bit with this one. Ive struggled with the movement from the very beginning.

Anyway, I've reviewed videos and tutorial s and Ive adjusted with bringing arms back more and focusing on a roxk that's from heels to shoulder blades...that's the cue i give myself to focus on anyway.  I don't know what do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches 

I feel I've lost my way a bit with this one. Ive struggled with the movement from the very beginning.

Anyway, I've reviewed videos and tutorial s and Ive adjusted with bringing arms back more and focusing on a roxk that's from heels to shoulder blades...that's the cue i give myself to focus on anyway.  I don't know what do you think?

 

i like them!

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches 

As I progress time just checking in on form...how am I going?

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work. As you get tired you start to pick up some pike in the hips and lose of bit of curl in your upper back (shoulder blades off the ground).

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

What do think? Enough for mastery?

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

What do think? Enough for mastery?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Solid work, Vanessa. Nicely done!