This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Little progress with stretch series

Started by Gareth Haines, February 29, 2020 · 13 Replies · 2,253 Views

Gareth Haines

Hello,

I'm 40 year old office based worker, sat down most of the day.

I purchased the front and middle split programmes about 3 years ago. I found the middle split too hard so stayed on front split for about 2 years solidly once a week. 

I can only make it about half way through. I get a little bit better over say 3 months but if I miss one week I go back to where I was. This has been going on for 2 years or so and I keep thinking "patience" but I've basically run out of patience and realise I must be doing something wrong.

I note that I should only do it once a week, but if I'm not progressing what should I do differently? Would doing daily work help? Daily limber or something? Restore programme? Not sure where to go!

Thanks

Gareth

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Gareth Haines said:

Hello,

I'm 40 year old office based worker, sat down most of the day.

I purchased the front and middle split programmes about 3 years ago. I found the middle split too hard so stayed on front split for about 2 years solidly once a week. 

I can only make it about half way through. I get a little bit better over say 3 months but if I miss one week I go back to where I was. This has been going on for 2 years or so and I keep thinking "patience" but I've basically run out of patience and realise I must be doing something wrong.

I note that I should only do it once a week, but if I'm not progressing what should I do differently? Would doing daily work help? Daily limber or something? Restore programme? Not sure where to go!

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth, have you tried to scale down the exercises of the stretch series as shown in the course library?

Gareth Haines

Hi, not sure what you mean sorry. I can see there are assist videos for the stretch series which I have used in the past yes. 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Gareth Haines said:

Hi, not sure what you mean sorry. I can see there are assist videos for the stretch series which I have used in the past yes. 

Use this link to access the libraries:

https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/#series/stretch

Then select the stretch series you want.

then select the second icon.

then lock in the right edge and you will see "Technique Tip & Scaling".

Gareth Haines

Oh yes I've seen those thanks and they help me get through the sets yes. 

It's just I still find im not improving hardly at all week in week out. 

I don't do any other stretching in the week at all except front split course and wonder if I need to be doing some more regularly 

Alessandro Mainente

If there are some muscles where you tend to resist improvements you should do them a bit more frequently.

Victor Kelling

A bit more frequently is at least once a day or how often?

Alessandro Mainente

Being twice a week, if you improve stay with twice. there is always time to add more.

Nicholas Deane

Hi all,

I have never seen the "technique tip & scaling" before and found it incredibly helpful. The User Interface of GB is quite difficult. Perhaps this series of videos could be more accessible? I don't even know how to get to them without the link that Alessandro provided.. I wonder how much more content is on here I am not seeing :(

Thanks for the link :)

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Nicholas Deane said:

Hi all,

I have never seen the "technique tip & scaling" before and found it incredibly helpful. The User Interface of GB is quite difficult. Perhaps this series of videos could be more accessible? I don't even know how to get to them without the link that Alessandro provided.. I wonder how much more content is on here I am not seeing :(

Thanks for the link :)

 

In the top right corner of the course page, there is a dumbell icon.  if you click on it the "course library" label will appear as the only one option.

Alex Simon

@Gareth Haines I had the same issue of not progressing enough. For me it helped a lot being active in the stretches by activating the stretched muscles and be active in the stretch. I noticed this when i was doing the "follow along vid" of the middle split series. Coach summer talks about it being active in the stretch so I used it in every stretch.

 

Daniel Harris

Ahh.... @Alex Simon, this could be quite helpful! Thanks for pointing it out.

Callum Kilpin
On 3/6/2020 at 11:20 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

then lock in the right edge and you will see "Technique Tip & Scaling".

Hi. The link you provided just takes me to the home page. 

I can find the course library but can't find anything called technique tip & scaling. 

Screenshot_20211106_231512_com.android.chrome.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Callum Kilpin said:

Hi. The link you provided just takes me to the home page. 

I can find the course library but can't find anything called technique tip & scaling. 

Screenshot_20211106_231512_com.android.chrome.jpg

It should be corrected soon...click on "strength tech...".