This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing FL

Started by Gunnar, February 29, 2020 · 4 Replies · 119 Views

Gunnar

Hi! First post! :)

I’m doing 4x60s of FLPE3 and feel like I’m strong enough to move to the next step. I have successfully completed this two work outs in a row. However, my Manna progressions, V-ups, is getting a little behind. I feel I am getting stronger but it is offset by increasing front lever difficulty. Should I keep increasing FL difficulty or should I wait until my V-ups get to the same level?
 

All the best, Gunnar

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, Gunnar Palm said:

Hi! First post! :)

I’m doing 4x60s of FLPE3 and feel like I’m strong enough to move to the next step. I have successfully completed this two work outs in a row. However, my Manna progressions, V-ups, is getting a little behind. I feel I am getting stronger but it is offset by increasing front lever difficulty. Should I keep increasing FL difficulty or should I wait until my V-ups get to the same level?
 

All the best, Gunnar

Hi Gunnar, diffenrent exercises can have different speed of progression and this reflects the fact that every person has its own limits. do not if you are progressing differently.

Gunnar Palm
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Gunnar, diffenrent exercises can have different speed of progression and this reflects the fact that every person has its own limits. do not if you are progressing differently.

Okay, thanks for the reply!

Geonho Lee
On 3/2/2020 at 8:49 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Gunnar, diffenrent exercises can have different speed of progression and this reflects the fact that every person has its own limits. do not if you are progressing differently.

Hey alessandro! I feel like I don’t understand what tou said exactly so I want to check it again!

so you mean, if a certain exercise affects another exercise, especially nagetive effect, we should stop moving to the next level??

Alessandro Mainente

No, i was saying that you can pretend to progress at the same speed as all the exercises. The best example is planche: you can develop all the foundations' elements before reaching planche because of the horizontal lever and the weigth distribution. the more advantage you have the more linear the progression.