Asymmetric hand position during handstand

Started by Adam Stozek, February 27, 2020 · 3 Replies · 2,535 Views

Adam Stozek

Hi guys,

 

I have noticed that during handstand I don't really put my hands on the ground in a symmetrical way.

My left hand is almost fine, just a little turned outside, but my right hand tend to be put forward and rotate inside.

 

hands_handstand.thumb.png.bc76b0d2c267f66f028365463d733268.png

 

I know that the human body isn't symmetrical and maybe I wouldn't pay much attention if I haven't injured my right shoulder a few years ago.

It looked like it was too much stress (becasue there was no event causing injury in a obvious way), but I never get rid of it.

And while handstand is fine and doesn't irritate anything, HSPU irritate my shoulder.

Back in the time (2017) I went through physiotherapy for a few weeks (electric, krio, laser and manual, all of them). It didn't help much.

 

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Adam

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Adam Stozek said:

Hi guys,

 

I have noticed that during handstand I don't really put my hands on the ground in a symmetrical way.

My left hand is almost fine, just a little turned outside, but my right hand tend to be put forward and rotate inside.

 

hands_handstand.thumb.png.bc76b0d2c267f66f028365463d733268.png

 

I know that the human body isn't symmetrical and maybe I wouldn't pay much attention if I haven't injured my right shoulder a few years ago.

It looked like it was too much stress (becasue there was no event causing injury in a obvious way), but I never get rid of it.

And while handstand is fine and doesn't irritate anything, HSPU irritate my shoulder.

Back in the time (2017) I went through physiotherapy for a few weeks (electric, krio, laser and manual, all of them). It didn't help much.

 

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Adam

hI Adam, i'm sorry to hear about your injury, my personal suggestion is changing the physiotherapist.

Unfortunately, nobody can say something on your injury why? because everyone needs to test you, understanding the problems, making some hypothesis and then make a diagnosis. In the case of the injury, you should not search the solution online because what's happens if someone gives you bad suggestions? your shoulder problem can become even worse.

Adam Stozek

Thank you Alessandro for you messsage. Should I be bothered with my hand position (assuming that I am healthy and I am just built this way)?

Should I try to maintain parallel hand position or just take position that I feel most comfortable in?

I am afraid that it will be super hard for me to find physician, who can give me straight answer on that as they are usually reluctant to speak on gymnastics (or any niche sport for that matter).

Cheers!

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Adam Stozek said:

Thank you Alessandro for you messsage. Should I be bothered with my hand position (assuming that I am healthy and I am just built this way)?

Should I try to maintain parallel hand position or just take position that I feel most comfortable in?

I am afraid that it will be super hard for me to find physician, who can give me straight answer on that as they are usually reluctant to speak on gymnastics (or any niche sport for that matter).

Cheers!

The positioning of the hands should be corrected because you will load more one side..one shoulder...one side of the neck..one elbow...one writ and so on.

Unfortunately, you need the origin of the problem in order to solve it.