Hi guys,
I have a recurring issue with this muscle in my right leg.
I assume that this is sartorius based on consultation with physician.
I am doing amateur gymnastics at my University and physician adviced me to ask my coach for some tips.
My coach told me it's pretty common among male gymnasts and that I should pay more attention to warm up.
While doing better warm-up helps a little (making round movements with leg, shifts from horizonatl split to front split) it doesn't solve the case.
I irritate it:
- in the deep squat (bascially any position when I go down as far as I can e.g. during climbing sessions),
- when rotating leg outside, especially when do it with bent knee
- sometimes during running
I try:
- focusing more on warm-ups,
- not pushing to the max,
- foam rolling every second day
As I said its recurring - now I have it for 4 months, but I had it before for some time as well.
It seems to get better after some time when I stop doing sports. But what solution is that...
Do you have any idea how can I help myself more?
I can't go for therapy as I study abroad and it's crazy expensive...
Thank you in advance,
Adam