This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2 form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, February 26, 2020 · 9 Replies · 111 Views

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mario, at this phase of the conditioning process you should aim for controlled tempo. explosive work requires much more basic strength.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I think I plateaud here, 10 weeks on 5x5 doing 9, 9, 9, 9, 7 and feeling no progress.

On 4th set I struggle to achieve the 9th rep, and I try on the 5th to push into 9th rep but I have to stop a couple of seconds on 7th to try the failure for 9 reps, but I have the smae feeling of no progress week after week.

Any tips to overcome this one?

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

I think I plateaud here, 10 weeks on 5x5 doing 9, 9, 9, 9, 7 and feeling no progress.

On 4th set I struggle to achieve the 9th rep, and I try on the 5th to push into 9th rep but I have to stop a couple of seconds on 7th to try the failure for 9 reps, but I have the smae feeling of no progress week after week.

Any tips to overcome this one?

Yes, take a buffer of 2 reps on the 4th set and 3 reps on the least Repeat this schema for 3-4 training session. then in the following (the 5th session) try to push only on the 4th and see how many reps you can do.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes, take a buffer of 2 reps on the 4th set and 3 reps on the least Repeat this schema for 3-4 training session. then in the following (the 5th session) try to push only on the 4th and see how many reps you can do.

I don't know if I got the idea. Then, if I am doing atm 9 9 9 9 7, I have to do 9 9 9 7 4 for the next 3-4 weeks?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, the goal is increasing over the week the ability to maintain the same speed of the 7 and 4 reps respectively.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Here is 5th session, 4th set pushing up to 9 reps:

Should I keep now on 9 9 9 9 4 until I do 4th set all reps at same speed?

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Here is 5th session, 4th set pushing up to 9 reps:

Should I keep now on 9 9 9 9 4 until I do 4th set all reps at same speed?

I think that now you can add one rep in the last set.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I think that now you can add one rep in the last set.

Ok, do I keep this ( 9 9 9 9 5) until I can keep the same speed in all 4th set reps then?

Alessandro Mainente

Until you can feel it easy, maybe at the point where the last set has 2-3 reps more but you still do 5.