This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent arm half straddle planche

Started by Eloy Bote, February 25, 2020 · 5 Replies · 85 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi,

This one is very tricky and I'm sure one of the keys is leaning more forward to find balance as I extend the hips.

It's not my best attempt but I tried the coach Alessandro approach of extending one leg but my body is not properly aligned for that. Well at least shows how I'm entering the position.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

Hi,

This one is very tricky and I'm sure one of the keys is leaning more forward to find balance as I extend the hips.

It's not my best attempt but I tried the coach Alessandro approach of extending one leg but my body is not properly aligned for that. Well at least shows how I'm entering the position.

The problem is the starting position. can you show to be please a bent arm tuck planche?is  preferable on a pair of support like 2 chairs of lower pbars.

Eloy Bote
21 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The problem is the starting position. can you show to be please a bent arm tuck planche?is  preferable on a pair of support like 2 chairs of lower pbars.

Yeah that was more like a frog stand without resting the knees on the arms haha. Anyways, I have some paralettes on the gym so I tried the bent arm tuck planch, I don't know how to enter the position so I go from tuck l-sit to bent arm tuck planche, it's hard to hold and I don't even know if I'm doing right.

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

Yeah that was more like a frog stand without resting the knees on the arms haha. Anyways, I have some paralettes on the gym so I tried the bent arm tuck planch, I don't know how to enter the position so I go from tuck l-sit to bent arm tuck planche, it's hard to hold and I don't even know if I'm doing right.

 

Perfect, now reach first 20-25 seconds in this position. then begin extending the legs in the same way as in the seconds SPl IM.

Eloy Bote

OK I will train it like other 30s exercises, aiming for 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30 seconds and 3, 4, 5 series. In this kind of exercises my hips tend to cramp until I get used, maybe can I do swivel hips between series as an active rest?

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Eloy Bote said:

OK I will train it like other 30s exercises, aiming for 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30 seconds and 3, 4, 5 series. In this kind of exercises my hips tend to cramp until I get used, maybe can I do swivel hips between series as an active rest?

they cramp because they are weak....with the time they will get stronger.