This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Swap a Stretch Day in Recommended Routine

Started by Atreide, February 22, 2020 · 2 Replies · 102 Views

Atreide

Should I swap out front or middle splits for thoracic?

I'm doing the level one recommended routine and am liking what I see when I actually knuckle down and do it. A few weeks ago I was moving a heavy couch and really messed up my back. I'd really like better thoracic mobility in general.

I work in a call center sitting down most of the time. I honestly really dislike the front split but I'll keep it if that's what's best. I'll be putting the thoracic bridge in Saturday and adding handstand to the lower body days as well.

I'm hoping for some help with this decision. Thanks for your time!

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, Travis Hoover said:

Should I swap out front or middle splits for thoracic?

I'm doing the level one recommended routine and am liking what I see when I actually knuckle down and do it. A few weeks ago I was moving a heavy couch and really messed up my back. I'd really like better thoracic mobility in general.

I work in a call center sitting down most of the time. I honestly really dislike the front split but I'll keep it if that's what's best. I'll be putting the thoracic bridge in Saturday and adding handstand to the lower body days as well.

I'm hoping for some help with this decision. Thanks for your time!

 

HI Travis ideally on one of them. sitting means reducing mobility in all the range of motion of the hips. probably you should combine come work from the FS and MS series. take exercises where you feel more locked and merge them in a single session for the lower body.

Travis Hoover

I was reading some other posts that I missed on my initial search and decided to move it to after my second upper body day since I'm usually free on Thursday anyway (yay 4x10 shifts!).

I'll keep all three stretch series in my schedule and see how it works.

I also moved handstand to the lower body days. Prepare for some form check videos!

Thank you for the reply!