This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC - Form check

Started by Guillaume Massardier, February 21, 2020 · 3 Replies · 68 Views

Guillaume Massardier

Hi there,

I am starting the GB program, and keen to progress on solid grounds, but would prefer to be challenged during each workout rather than having 5 to 6 weeks with relatively easy workouts.

I feel that RC-PE8 is a good starting point, please find below my current form :

 

 

Since I was training before GB for the one arm chin up. Would that be an issue to integrate some at the end of the RC series?

My last trials 

 

 

Is the above an acceptable approach or would you still recommend to start from RC/PE1 next week and then a step a week as per the program?

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Guillaume Massardier said:

Hi there,

I am starting the GB program, and keen to progress on solid grounds, but would prefer to be challenged during each workout rather than having 5 to 6 weeks with relatively easy workouts.

I feel that RC-PE8 is a good starting point, please find below my current form :

 

 

Since I was training before GB for the one arm chin up. Would that be an issue to integrate some at the end of the RC series?

My last trials 

 

 

Is the above an acceptable approach or would you still recommend to start from RC/PE1 next week and then a step a week as per the program?

Hi Guillaume, on the pullup you do not need to cross your leg, because if you have tightness on the hips flexor then the one side of the waist with turns more than the other one.

The one-arm chin-up at the moment should not be your primary focus because you begin from a bent arm position, what about if you begin from a 1-2'' suspended hang? you do not reach the top position with the bat at the chest...th repetition was not completed. basically they are common gaps that you can fill with RC progression.

At this point the RC program should be the primary focus... then if you have additional strength you can maintain the one arm chin-up work.

keep in mind that the fact that something is felt easier does not mean that your connective tissues are prepared for it. skipping progressions....weeks...it's up on you..but i cannot say that is s good choice.

since i began to teach the GST personalized to my students I've always had a problem: how do i know how my students have trainer before meeting me? i cannot say anything more than nothing. so basically no matter their level, my approach was injury and pain-free and this is my first goal...the decision to step back for them wasn't an option. after the correct journey they were prepared and after they got one arm chin up, crosses, planches.

this is one of the strongest: https://www.instagram.com/panda_powah_workout/?hl=it

no secret at all, GST , patience, believe in the method.

Bill Marr

Hey Guillaume. Welcome to GST--but please don't under-estimate the difficulty of the progressions in the program. You say you want to start RC at PE8. I challenge you to attempt mastery at PE2 (Ground Rows). If you can do 5 sets of 15 reps along with the iM with perfect form and without rest, I'll take my hat off to you. But I'd bet against you. In fact, I'd bet it would take you at least two months to get past this.

The coaches would have to confirm this, but I'll guarantee this coarse is littered with students who thought they'd blow through progressions with ease only to end up injured or quitting. GST is a journey with no shortcuts. Anyone without this mindset should look elsewhere for their training.

Have a terrific weekend! 

Guillaume Massardier

Thanks @Bill Marr, I'll definitely give it a go from the beginning :)